A gallery of shadowy figures

Collage made using gel medium transfers
At this week's meeting of my Mixed Media Group, we played with old photos and gel medium transfers. Fearless leader John explained how he'd made his own collage "Silicon Costume Party" (pictured here), then set us loose. 

Even though some of us used the same photos, all of our pieces are unique. That's what I love about art!

(Click any image to enlarge it. That way, you can see the details.)

Here's Brandon's collage. His man in red is very debonair, just like he is (I can say that since he's my husband). 
Collage made using gel medium transfers
In Ann's piece below, the lady on the left leads the man in the straw hat down a garden path. I'm not sure her friend approves.
Collage made using gel medium transfers
The shadows in Karen's collage seem to have a life of their own.
Collage made using gel medium transfers
Cathy's portly figures inhabit a cheerful sunny landscape. Wait, what's that at the bottom of the page????
Collage made using gel medium transfers
Marilyn's ladies are pensive and patient. 
Collage made using gel medium transfers
I call my collage "Man oh Man in the Moon." Seriously, I'm not sure I like the big face. The afro hairdos, however, I love.
Collage made using gel medium transfers

Comments

  1. Thanks for uploading the collage from our group. They turned out great! It is obvious that everyone had a great time creating. Claudia, thanks for the postcard. I love it! The French writing in the background really makes the piece intriguing, not to mention the people who are in love. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you liked the card, John. Originally it was going to someone else, but when it was done, it had "John" written all over it. So to speak.

      I'm still unhappy with my moon face. Maybe by our next meeting I'll have figured out with to do with her.

      Delete
  2. This was so fun! Thanks for posting these, Claudia. Cathy, I love the little faces at the bottom of your collage- are these a new type of plant? Maybe I could get some for my garden! I DO like unusual plants.
    marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what fun it looks like you all had! Everyone's collages are so different and so cool! And yep, I totally love those afros and the big face!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment